Monday 18 May 2015

My first Foray in World Wide Flora and Fauna




OOPs,   I originally posted this on the SOTA facebook page but bodged the pictures which came out as little Thumbnails.  Anyone feeling cheated can see the full size ones here!

I'd said:

This post is as woefully off topic as you can get,  I blame Danny Van Tricht​.  The weather in Scotland was pretty dire this weekend with low temperatures, a lot of showers (inland) and very high winds.  Not at all attractive for going up any hills.  I had taken note from some of Danny's previous posts that such a thing as WWFF not only existed but was quite popular with chasers.  So, I said, "lets go to the beach".   WWFF  GMFF-065  Tentsmuir Nature Reserve is somewhere I know very well, There are many good long walks you can do here and I already go here a lot.  (I've swam in the North Sea from here every month for the last 24!).  So for the first time, the radio came too.  It was a blast!  Over 60 qsos, mainly on 20m with an activation of about 2.5 hours.  We only had one heavy rain shower of about 30 minutes and just sat that out (useful to have the big plastic bags we take up the hill), but apart from that it was pretty nice as you can see.   40m was less productive, I thought the WABers would have been keen to get NO52 which only has a wee bit of land in it but there didn't seem many around.  Anyway,  thanks Danny,  I'll be doing more WWFF!

 And included these pictures,  here they are in their beautiful full size glory








 







PS.  I'd said we got caught in  one shower, I've just received a photo from that period of the activation:




No comments:

Post a Comment